- Independent toy stores offer multiple advantages to shoppers:
- A carefully curated selection of toys, selected with local families in mind.
- A focus on providing unique selections and the kind of quality not always found at
national chains. Local toy stores select from brands both large and small, including
little known brands that are not advertised on TV.
- Because they observe kids at play day in and day out, independent toy stores can
offer the best advice on the right selection for individual kids.
- Independent toy store owners are toy experts who understand the value of play and
what types of toys encourage the best kind of play.
- By offering a personalized approach and additional customer service, local toy
stores make holiday shopping easier.
- Creating jobs and preserving neighborhoods.
- Compared to chain stores, putting a significantly larger share of revenue back into
the local economy in the form of taxes, salaries and more.
- Supporting environmental sustainability, by helping to maintain vibrant, walkable
town centers, essential to reducing sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss and air and water pollution.